Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2012

SOPHOMORES: PRE TEST.


PRE TEST: Conditional Clauses

 

 

I.              Provide the missing part for the following clauses. Apply “Zero” conditional clause.

IMPORTANT: These answers are only suggestions, any answer is possible as long is it logical and respects the grammar structure.
 

1.    If you touch fire…I get burnt.

 

2.    You get a cold…If you don't wear warm clothes.

 

3.    I get good grades if…I study hard.

 

4.    If I eat too much…I get a stomachache.

 

5.    If I drink poison…I die.

 

6.    If the police catches you drunk and driving…you lose your driving's license.

 

7.    You are expelled from Colegio Inglés…if you consume alcohol or drugs inside of it.

 

8.    You go to the doctor if…you are sick.

 

9.    If a tsunami comes…you run to the security zone.

 

10. I you are thirsty…you get something to drink.

 
II.            First conditional clause. Fill in with the right verb form.

 

1.    If we go (go) on holiday this summer, we will go (go) to Spain.

2.    If the weather doesn't improve (not/improve) , we _won't have (not/have) a picnic.

3.    They will go (go) to the party if they are (be) invited.

4.    If I don't go (not/go) to bed early, I will be (be) tired tomorrow.

5.    If we eat (eat) all this cake, we will feel (feel) sick .

6.    She will stay (stay) in London if she gets (get) a job.

7.    If you don't want (not/want) to go out, I _will cook (cook) dinner at home.

8.    I will come (come) early, if you want (want).

9.    He won't get (not/get) a better job if he doesn't pass (not/pass) that exam.

10. I will buy (buy) a new dress if I have (have) enough money.

11. If I go (go) out tonight, I will go (go) to the cinema.

12. If you get (get) back late, I will be (be) angry.

13. If we don't see (not/see) each other tomorrow, we will see  (see) each other next week.

14. If he comes (come) , I will be (be) surprised.

15. If we wait (wait) here, we will be (be) late.
 
 
REMEMBER:
 
ZERO CONDITIONAL CLAUSE
 
IF+S+PRESENT VERB+S+PRESENT VERB

EXAMPLE: If I run a lot, I get tired.
                     I get good grades if I study hard.

            FIRST CONDITIONAL CLAUSE

IF+S+PRESENT VERB+S+WILL+INFINITIVE VERB

EXAMPLE: If I eat expired food, I will get sick.
                     I will sleep if I´m tired.

No comments: