Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pre test Freshmen classes.

TRUE OR FALSE

1.________ Most of the European emigrants found work in New York.


2.________The settlers travelled east to find farmland.

3.________Many of the settlers believed there was gold in California.

4.________The biggest problem for the settlers was the Native American Indians.


5.________The Oregon trail was more than 3,000 km. long.


6.________Many of the settlers were very poor.

7.________Many of the settlers died in accidents.

8.________Many of the settlers didn’t have any shoes.

 
MATCH
 
1 Wheels                                  ____ Not wearing anything on your feet.


2.Poor                                     ____ Film about life in the west of the USA.

3. Barefoot                              ____ Circular objects under a car, bicycle,etc.

4. Gold                                   ____ Precious yellow metal for making jewellery, coins

5. Wagon                                ____ Vehicle with four wheels usually pulled by horses.


6. Western                             ____ Person who doesn’t have money for a comfortable life.

COMPLETE WITH PAST CONTINUOUS

1. Tom …………………………. (read) a book while Peter ……………………….. (study) History.




2. Where ....................................... (you/go) when I saw you this morning?



3. I ……………………………….. (run) to my friend’s house. I was late and she …………………………… (wait) for me.



4. What …………………………….. (you/do) when I phoned you?



5. It started to rain when I ………………………….. (play) soccer.



6. I ……………………………… (watch) TV.



7. ……………………………………… (your parents/live) in Italy when you were born?



8. Marco and Kemal …………………… (drink) fruit juice.




9. They ……………………………… (dance) all night.



10. …………………………….. (your brother/dance) with Maria at the party?



11. My parents ……………………………. (live) in London. My father .................................... (work) for the Italian Embassy.



12. Who …………………………….. you/play) tennis with yesterday?



13. The cats ……………………………. (sit) on top of the piano.



14. I ……………………………….. (run) to my friend’s house. I was late and she …………………………… (wait) for me.

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

What problems did the settlers have on the journey?






Why did people leave New York?





Why did many settlers want to go to California?

No comments: