Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sophomores pre test

Contents
Vocabulary from textThe power of fashion”.

Questions from textThe power of fashion”.

Reading aloud text  The power of fashion”.

Zero conditional clause.


Vocabulary


1.Fashion

2.Unfashionable

3.Up-to-date clothes

4.Fashion dolls

5.Baggy

6.Hooded

7.Goths

8.Jewellery

9.Badge

10.Wrist-band

11.Advertising

12.Media


Questionnaire
1. What is the opinion of some people about fashion?

2. What is the problem of fashion?

3. What happened during the eighteenth century?

4. Who was famous for his style?

5.What did the king of France do? Why?

6. What factors have influenced what people wear?

7. Who did people imitate in the 50’s?

8. What happened in the 90’s?

9. What did Ray-Ban do? Why?

10. Who is Will Smith?

11. What do young people do?

12. What do goths and rappers wear?

13. What happened in the 70’s?

14. Who is Katherine Hamnet? What did she do?

15. What happened at “Live 8”?

16. Where can you find adverts?


Complete the clause


If you freeze water

I get tired if

If I have time…

She gains weight if

If my friends visit me…

If she doesn’t know the answer

If I don’t go out on Saturday I…

I smell bad if

If a tsunami comes…

I get bad grades if

If the day is hot

I get a stomachache

I get thirsty

If it rains I…

I get angry if

No comments: