Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pre test sophomores


WRITTEN PRE TEST



I.              Complete the sentences with the vocabulary defined in class. (7 points)



  1. Nobody thought that the      performance of Vinicius as “Josue” was going to be so good. He never acted before.
  2. Another way to describe “sneakers” is the word trainers.
  3. Shoeshine boys are the ones asking people if they want their footwear to be clean.
  4. A moment in which your life changes for good can be a lucky break.
  5. Anything or anyone from outside our country is foreign.
  6. People who work in trading and enterprises are businessmen.
  7. When you don’t have the same opinion, it means that you don’t  agree  with that.



II.            Provide the 3rd conditional clause to the cases given. (4 points)

1.    I didn’t feel very well, but I took a cold shower, now I feel worse!

 If I hadn't taken that cold shower, I wouldn't have felt worse.







2.    I ate yoghurt that was expired, I never check them! I got food poisoned.


If I had checked the date, I wouldn't have got poisoned.




3.    I got a 2.0 because I didn’t study enough.


If I had studied, I would have got a 7.0




4.    I didn’t call him because I lost his number.

 If I hadn't lost his number, I would have called him.







III.           Choose the right alternative to the phrases given. (10 points)



1.    Vinicius was _____ years old when he met Mr. Salles.

a)    12

b)    13

c)    11

d)    10


2.    Vinicius used to work in  ______________

a)    The streets.

b)    An airport.

c)    A market.

d)    Bus stop.



3.    The story happens in________________.

a)    Sao Paulo

b)    Brasilia

c)    Porto Alegre

d)    Rio de Janeiro



4.    Walter Salles is ____________.

a)    An American actor.

b)    A Brazilian film director.

c)    An American film director.

d)    A Brazilian actor.



5.    The movie “Central do Brasil” won:

a)    An Oscar.

b)    A “Golden Bear” nomination.

c)    A “Golden Bear”.

d)    None of the above.



6.    Walter Salles offered Vinicius:

a)    A part on a movie.

b)    Money.

c)    A  pair of trainers.

d)    A film test.



7.    Vinicius said “no” to the offer because:

a)    He couldn’t act.

b)    He was poor.

c)    He preferred to be a shoeshine boy.

d)    He hated movies.



8.    Finally, Vinicius accepted only if _________

a)    The other shoeshine boys could participate too.

b)    He got money.

c)    He got a pair of trainers.

d)    He was taken to the movies.



9.    The name of the character in the movie was __________.

a)    Joao.

b)    Josue.

c)    Jason.

d)    Joaquim.



10.  Before filming, about ___________ kids were tested.

a)    15.000

b)    150.000

c)    1.500

d)    150

No comments: